55 San Anselmo Avenue
St. Francis Wood | San Francisco, CA
Offered at $2,895,000
Distinctive Dutch Colonial Home
This wonderful home delights with its stunning architectural detail, warm character, beautiful windows, lovely gardens, excellent floor plan and prime location. Built in 1929, the home pays tribute to the Colonial Revival style with its charming gambrel roof, gable-end chimney, classic shutters, multi-light windows and welcoming front porch with impressive doorway and leaded glass detail. The interiors are a showcase of well-crafted woodwork from polished hardwood floors to deep crown moldings.
Along with the home’s inherent comfort and beauty, you’ll enjoy large, gracious public rooms, a charming vintage kitchen, a massive family room with natural cedar-paneled walls, indoor grill & gas fireplace, three bedrooms on the upper floor (including the primary with private study) and a first-floor guest bedroom. Other amenities include an expansive second basement, front deck, backyard, professional landscaping and one-car garage with multi-car driveway parking.
Situated on a pretty tree lined street, the home is convenient to St. Francis Wood’s Terrace Green Park, great local schools, West Portal Village shops, restaurants and 280/101 Freeways.
- Four Bedrooms & Three Full Bathrooms
- Formal Entry Hall with Graceful Center Staircase
- Grand Formal Living Room with Wood-Burning Fireplace
- Elegant Formal Dining Room with Garden Outlooks
- Wonderful Kitchen with Vintage Charm
- Massive Family Room with Cedar Planked Walls
- Large Primary Suite with Dressing Area & Dual Closets
- Private Study with Walnut Paneling & Custom Built-Ins
- Large Front Deck, Lovely Gardens, Charming Backyard
- Two Basements Provide Storage & Versatility in Use
- One-Car Garage with Multi-Car Driveway Parking
- Built 1929 – 2,620 SQ FT (per graphic artist)
- Impressive Architecture & Warm Period Detail
- Grand Entryway Door with Leaded Window Detail
- Polished Hardwood Floors & Fine Crown Molding
- One Wood-Burning and One Gas Fireplace
- Tall Ceilings Abundant Windows & Green Outlooks
- Vintage Wedgewood Six-Burner Gas Range
- Stainless Steel Refrigerator & Dishwasher
- Abundant Cabinetry, Indoor Barbecue & Wet Bar
- Custom Designed Lighting & Interior Paint
- Professional Landscape & Auto Irrigation System
ST. FRANCIS WOOD
The developers of the St. Francis Wood, Mason and McDuffie, began planning the neighborhood more than 100 years ago, advertising St. Francis Wood as the city’s first residential park. The sales brochure touted lots that were twice the size of the average city lot, lush parks and boulevards to be designed by the Olmsted Brothers and streets lined with trees and plants. It was to be a planned community, a place that would appeal to families and to those seeking a grand lifestyle in a unique city setting. The majority of the neighborhood’s 540 homes were completed between the years of 1920 and 1940. While home styles range from Colonial Revival, Spanish Mediterranean to Tudor there is a common thread as all were built under the architectural guidance of the homeowners association. It is for this reason that the neighborhood was able to achieve homogeneity of scale, color and style and it remains that way today.
Sunday, October 3 from 2PM to 4PM
Tuesday, October 5 from 1PM to 2:30PM – Broker’s Tour
Tuesday October 5 from 5PM to 6:30PM
Exceptional client service is Jane Poppelreiter`s first priority. Her service oriented philosophy and focused attention to every detail of the buying and selling process has provided her clients with solid real estate investments and has earned her wide respect throughout the San Francisco real estate community.
Jane`s negotiation skills, confidence and expert ability to formulate deals that work are the result of her years of experience and ultimately is the value that she offers her clients. With an impressive list of clients Jane has proven herself as a polished professional, pairing innovative marketing and selling strategies with excellent communication skills. She credits her past and present success to personal discipline, high standards, creativity, and the persistence to ensure that every transaction be as seamless as possible.